Friday, January 15, 2016

Happy [Belated] New Year's!

So I just realized that I didn't do a New Year's post, so I'm doing one now... Better late than never, eh? Anyway, it's 2016, lots of crap went down in 2015, lets see what happens this year.

Resolutions
Short and sweet version: Read some Fleming, watch Bond.

Long version: Read more than 15 books and from there what I can (my Goodreads goal is 20); write more original fiction, but still some fan; stay on top of things and not get behind too much; take pictures and work with film.

Those are my resolutions. I just got a new-to-me film camera. It's a Nikon FG and I love it (I named it Major, like "yes sir, Major General sir"). I've already got the first roll developed, and while I can do the technical stuff, it's a bit different on a film camera than a DSLR. I'm probably going to get myself a neutral density filter so I can shoot with a small f-stop (more light gets let in and shallower depth of field). The neutral density filter will make it darker and less light will be able to get in, countering the effect of the small f-stop, basically sunglasses for my camera.

Taken on my Nikon FG... It was slightly over exposed originally, so I did some editing. Definitely need some practice.
It's also second semester. Last leg of the race, four more months of school then graduation. While I have my college acceptance, I've still got to pass everything to graduate. Senioritis is not going to get me down. I've also got to pick a senior quote for the yearbook... Not sure what it's going to be. I've got a list of Doctor Who quotes and a couple of Sherlock quotes, as well as a few bookend quotes from Criminal Minds.

It's 2016. The year has begun. We have the Rio de Janeiro Olympics to look forward to (it's going to be a mess, more on that later though). We've already lost two great stars, David Bowie and Alan Rickman both age 69 and both died of cancer. Things have already happened in the world as far as ISIS and other crap. But it's also the 50th anniversary that Star Trek first aired. 2016 is off to an interesting start and I can't wait to see what is to come. Happy New Year, Sanders out.

No comments:

Post a Comment