Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Way back in days of old

There was a legend told,
A legend know as Gaaa-laa-vaaant!


Ok, I'm probably sooo late in figuring out the magic that is Galavant. It's a parody, satire, funny thing that is just hilarious! Season 1 we have Galavant who is the hero thing. And princess Isabella who is the damsel thing. And Sid who is Galavant's squire thing. We see them travel to Isabella's kingdom where Galavant's ex, Madelana is with her husband, King Richard who is a total idiot and is played by Timothy Omudson... Yes, he was Carlton Lassiter on Psych. This character is a turn around from Lassiter who was a serious, no nonsense detective and certainly not an idiot... Ok he had his moments but they weren't often... Like once a season maybe twice not offen. This is a man-child king who is dense and a total idiot. Comedy gold! Anyway I won't give anything away, well I could and it still wouldn't ruin it for you. Right now, I don't know for how long, season 1 is free on iTunes. And it's worth a watch. And at the very end they so sing one final time... This line being among the ones sung... Will all the singing kill our Nielsen ratings?/ Sid, the peasants, the entire crew/ Will they be back for Season two?/ Who knows./ But if there are more shows./ Then off our hero goes./ And so the legend grows./ The legend known as Gaaaaaaaa-laaaaaaaaaa-vaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaant!!!

So that's Galavant... The musical comedy that just keeps you laughing. It's great I love the parody of the thing. And that's just season 1. Season 2 just premiered and I loved it! Naturally we start off with the new season song making jabs at the Bachelor and other shows, while making jab at the old season song... We're going to have to kill you if you sing that freakin' song,/ It didn't win an Emmy so it's time to move along... With new guests who'll cost the network a fortune. Lol, I love Galavant. I'm all caught up on it. Hope you decide to watch it. If you do, I hope it amuses you as much as it amuses me. Galavant. Can't wait till next Sunday. Sanders out.

1 comment:

  1. I was contemplating whether or not I should watch this. I saw the trailer and wasn't a big fan. I guess I'll try since you like it.

    ReplyDelete