Friday, April 29, 2016

Tech Support

Ok, so you have a tech issue and for the life of you, you can't figure out what's wrong or how to fix it. Who do you call? Tech support. You wait three to six hours on the phone to get patched to a human and then you hear the phone click as the annoying music stops playing and suddenly you remember that the company you're calling outsources and you think, "I hate this. Why did I call these people." 

Tech support has a bad rep. Customer service in general has a bad rep. But the one customer service "desk" that doesn't have a bad rep in my book is Electronic Arts support. I love EA's support team. They are awesome and if you take the time to be nice and not call them while your plumbob is red (lol, Sims reference), they'll help you. I've heard of people not liking EA's support but the majority of people that I've read comments from in forums, YouTube comments and tweets, like EA's support. I've had to contact them at least three times and each time I came out victorious with my problem solved. From what I can tell, EA doesn't outsource, or if they do they managed to get the good people. However, EA's support (and the company in general) hasn't always been sunshine and daisies. Three years ago, EA was named the worst company in America (apparently they got that infamous title two years in a row). After a turnover in CEOs and maybe a few executives, the company has been working hard to redeem itself. Looking into it, it's actually a great story to read about how it went from loved to hated to regaining the trust of the gamer community. Here's a CNet article from 2015: How Electronic Arts Stopped Being the Worst Company in America

Anyway, I love EA games. I love how the company is working to make the customers happy and can't wait to see what happens with the company in the future. Now I have sims to mess with, so for now, Sanders out.

2 comments:

  1. So did you get the Sims 2 with all the expansion packs? I still believe EA is ruining the gaming community by buying out competitors and making crap games, but now they release a decent title every once in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how enthusiastic you are about EA's tech support and I agree, they seem like a great company. It's interesting to see the evolutionary process of a company especially when it results in a positive outcome because it's so rare. I kinda want to talk to EA's support just to have one genuinely good customer service experience.

    ReplyDelete