Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Tag: R.I.P It or Ship It: Anime

R.I.P It or Ship It is back! This time I'm using characters from anime shows. I tried to have a nice mix of people and not only guys this time (used some pretty awesome female characters). Like last time, I used a random group creator.

The rules are pretty simple:
1. Write down the names of characters from different books on scraps of paper.
2. Put them in a container of your choosing.
3. Pull out two names at the time and show them to your audience in whatever way you like.
4. Decision time! Do you ship them or do you want their relationship to die a peaceful/painful death? Tell the world!

No questions? Splendid! Let’s get this party started!

Characters Used:

Arthur Kirkland (Otherwise known as England; Hetalia)
Alfred Jones (Otherwise known as America; Hetalia)
Kyoya Otori (Ouran High School Host Club)
Tomoe (Kamisama Kiss)
Rei Ogami (Code;Breaker)
Lelouch Vi Britannia (Code Geass)
Rintaru Okabe (Steins;Gate)
Silvia De Alisia (Aquarion)
Shrade Elan (Aquarion EVOL)
Mix (Aquarion EVOL)
Haruka Nanase (Free!)
Rin Matsuoka (Free!)

I think the guys out number the girls this time... Yeah, have fun with that. Now here are the ships!


Alfred Jones and Mix
Okay, first of all, I'm not sure why I stuck Mix in here because she's so anti-male. Either way, I don't think this would work at all. Alfred is a bit... Eccentric and excited just about all the time. He's the embodiment of America for heaven's sake! Alfred would drive Mix up the wall! So I'm going to... R.I.P it.

Arthur Kirkland and Shrade Elan
Oh my gosh, the ship you never thought of, but now that it's in front of you, yes! Arthur is a British gentleman with a few little quirks. Shrade is cool, calm, and collected with a tendency to tease. I think he'll be able to quickly calm Arthur with a few notes on the piano. I see them as a peaceful couple in a nice flat in London. So yeah, I'm going to... Ship it!

Rintaru Okabe and Kyoya Otori
Oh my Tatum... This is what happens when I stick more than one character that J Michael Tatum has voiced (the other one on here is Tomoe). Dear god, and the think is their voices are so similar and so distinctly Tatum. Personalities aside, it would be, "Okabe, we're out of coffee." "Kyoya, you do realize we sound so much alike, right? The organization must be behind it. Come on Kyoya, we'll get your voice back, OW! A newspaper really?! Of all things you swat me with a newspaper? Where's your creativity, OW! Again?!" "You idiot." Okabe and Kyoya though, I see it working. Okabe is similar to Tamaki but not as idiotic. He's just a guy with so much in his head and Kyoya would act as an anchor and voice of reason to help him navigate through life. So I'm going to... Ship it.

Lelouch Vi Britannia and Rei Ogami
Oh boy. Revenge driven Lelouch and Code Breaker Ogami... This could be interesting. On one hand they both have a front they put up while at school and a separate personality for when they are doing whatever it is they do. I think they would work out alright. Both sharing details of their day and what they were doing on their free time. Sharing a smirk and a nod... Yes! Ship it!

Silvia De Alisia and Tomoe
Silvia and Tomoe... The royal and the fox demon. Silvia is head strong and sure of herself. Tomoe is a bit snarky and of course lazy, but I think Silvia would put him in his place. However, I don't really see them working as couple, close friends yes but not together. So... R.I.P it.

Rin Matsuoka and Haruka Nanase
HAHAHA!!! Gold! That's gold! HAHA!!! I already ship them. Rin and Haru are from the same show. I've already seen them interact and know how well they mesh. Both swimmers and childhood friends, Haru is reserved, a bit weird, and loves water. Rin just wants to be an Olympic swimmer but loses sight of what's really important after facing reality in Australia. Haru is one of the greatest swimmers and is truly beautiful in the water, but he just want's to be normal (something that grates Rin's nerves). Over time they both come to realize things and everything works out in the end. Anyway, their dynamic is great and anyone who watches Free! generally ends up shipping them together. That or Haru and Makoto. Even though I've said it already... Ship it!

That's it for this R.I.P It or Ship It. I might do one that is just Hetalia (sooo many ships) or maybe I'll go back to TV shows and movies. Maybe I'll do a book edition. Who knows. All I know is that I really like doing these and I hope you enjoy reading them, even if you don't know the shows and characters. So for now, Sanders out.

1 comment:

  1. Don't know what I just read.

    11/0 times Alleph Null's infinity + (omega + 1) would read again - Sirpancake (IGN) 2010

    ReplyDelete