Wednesday, May 11, 2016

The Writer's Room

*Looking at heading* Not so much a room, more like my head... Anyway, hey guys! I'm doing some writing at the moment and a touch (read: a lot) of character development (Bryan Caplan is being annoying again so we are taking him to back to the drawing board; acronym obsession will be staying though, just turned down a few notches). I'm working on this little short piece that I might post here eventually as well as looking at ways to flesh out my characters. I feel like I've hit a slight wall with them and while I do have them all in my head and they do say things lately they have been mostly silent with the odd "I own the CIA! I own the FBI! I am Bryan Caplan!" (Bryan this is why we are taking you back to the drawing board). It concerns me when they haven't said anything to me in a while, then again I've been too busy to check on them (fandom characters on the other hand, they are popping their heads out and saying random crap). So, I'm taking a quick break from my short piece and went poking around the interwebs for some character development things and I found some stuff. I decided to post a few links to the sites I found in case anyone else might be looking for some character development things. Creating characters is one of my favorite things to do, but sometimes I start feeling like I'm creating the same person over and over again but only changing a few things. I figured I might try answering the questions on some of these and see what happens. Maybe then Bryan will say something other than another acronym. ("What you need is a nice drink. On the house, now tell your bar tender what's up." Go away, Russell, I have my Gatorade.) Anyway, before they all decide to start saying random crap, here are some links...


http://thesebeautifulscars.tripod.com/interview.html (link that is one of the links on the first link, but I liked it so there)


http://www.springhole.net/writing/index.html (neat little site that I'll probably spend a nice chunk of time on)
Anyway, that's all for now. I've got characters to rework and a short piece to work. So for now, Sanders out.


No comments:

Post a Comment