Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Tag: R.I.P It or Ship It: TV Shows

The rules are pretty simple:
1. Write down the names of characters from different books on scraps of paper.
2. Put them in a container of your choosing.
3. Pull out two names at the time and show them to your audience in whatever way you like.
4. Decision time! Do you ship them or do you want their relationship to die a peaceful/painful death? Tell the world!

No questions? Splendid! Let’s get this party started!

So I decided to use a random group generator. So here we go...

Names I used:

Arron Hotchner (Criminal Minds)
Spencer Ried (Criminal Minds)
Derek Morgan (Criminal Minds)
Carlton Lassiter (Psych)
Shawn Spencer (Psych)
Tony Stark (Marvel)
Loki (Marvel)
Mike Ross (Suits)
Harvey Specter (Suits)
Anthony DiNozzo (NCIS)
Timothy McGee (NCIS)
Clint Barton (Marvel)
Jack Harknes (Torchwood)
Ianto Jones (Torchwood)

It just occured to me that there are no girls on this list so... Yah. Have fun here's what we are working with for parings...



Clint Barton and Carlton Lassiter
Lets see... Clint and Lassie-face... Hmm... I like it. I could see it working to a degree. Clint could take Lassie's sarcasm and bluntness and in turn Lassie would love to watch Clint at the range doing his thing. So I'm going to... Ship it!

Timothy McGee and Mike Ross
Hmm... I don't know... I just don't see it. Tim and Mike are both smart but at the same time not too dominant. It would be two submissive (just in temperment, not talking BDSM here people). While it might be ideal at the same time I just don't see it... So I'm going to... R.I.P it.

Arron Hotchner and Ianto Jones
Well isn't this interesting... I'm trying to see it... Trying to... And I'm not seeing it. Not very well at least. Maybe for someone else this would work but for me I'm going to just... R.I.P it.

Derek Morgan and Loki
Ooo,,, Another one that just makes my soul a little happy... Hmm... I could see it. Loki up to his tricks on a friendly scale. Derek finding him amusing and just loving the leather and cotton v-necks and skinny jeans. Loki taking care of him when he comes home oh yes... Ship it!

Spencer Ried and Anthony DiNozzo
Since I ship McNozzo, Ried isn't too much of a step from Tim. Still Reid is a whole different person from Tim. But would I ship it... I ship things to last... So the question is do I see this working long term? The answer is probably not. I see it as someone screwing it up them braking up but making up later. Maybe then it would be a solid relationship... But do I ship it... or do I R.I.P it? Hmm... Not sure.... For now it's a tentative... Ship it.

Shawn Spencer and Harvey Specter
Oh god... What to do with this... Ok... So I see... Shenanigans... Shawn would have the mind that can remember like Mike but a completely different temperament from Mike. It wouldn't work... So I'm going to... R.I.P it.

Jack Harkness and Tony Stark
Oh isn't this an interesting ship... These guys are both emotionally damaged yet still live life to the fullest. I think it would be an interesting dynamic but at the same time one for the books. So I'm going to... Ship it-ish.

So that's it for R.I.P it or Ship it. I tag anyone who wants to do this. It was actually quite fun. I might do one with the anime I watch so yeah. Sanders out.

1 comment:

  1. Not going to lie, I'm surprised you shipped Spencer Ried and Anthony DiNozzo. I think this is probably the biggest one that I disagree with you on. Reid, while intelligent, is so vastly different from the playful Tim McGee that DiNozzo needs. I could see it as a friends with benefits thing but not really an actual relationship.
    I am in love with the Clint and Lassie ship thought. I think fanfiction of this is necessary *enter not so subtle hint here*. I think it would be so adorable and weird. Oh! And Loki and Derek Morgan. Yes. Just Yes. I want this to be a thing so bad now. This fills my heart with great joy and happiness.

    ReplyDelete