Monday, October 26, 2015

Life Keeps Getting Stranger... Or Maybe It's Just Me

Where to start... Ok...

Email from Oglethorpe that basically says, "Hey, you've started an application to our school. Yay! Finish it and turn it in before Nov 15 and your application fee is waved. But that's not all! Your essay is also waved and the teacher recommendation letter isn't required."

My reaction: Wait, what?! Totally awesome school say what? I've already got my essay, just have to edit it. And my teacher already said he'd write me a letter of recommendation. And I'm applying through Common App... What does it all mean?!

I emailed them and got an answer back from them, which was helpful, but then I had another question and now I'm waiting for that answer back. I've got this, totally.

Econ homework that was on JunoEd... I didn't get that memo. Like legit, didn't get the memo that we had homework on JunoEd. I didn't get the memo twice that week. Evidently we had a JunoEd assignment on Tuesday night and on Thursday night... I didn't get those memos.

Thick envelope from University of West Georgia... Congratulations! You've been accepted to this wonderful institution of learning!

My reaction: Yay! Ok moving on... What do you mean I took that too chill? Am I supposed to be screaming "I got in!" from my roof top?

Watched Shark Tank. Decided that if I had a drone I would probably fly it through my school's hallways terrorizing the freshmen. Then I thought of the Prime Directive and wondered if I'd be violating it... Decided that the Prime Directive doesn't apply because I'm not Star Fleet. And because Star Fleet doesn't exist in our world (but I wish it did).

Decided for whatever reason, that one day I'm going to own some creature (most likely a male cat) and name him Gatsby. And refer to him, like I call Scamp, my current cat, Bud, as Old Sport.

Looked through my Twitter feed, wondered why on Earth I was following Hillary Clinton. Proceeded to fan girl over J Michael Tatum.

And today... Found out one of my teachers is my next door neighbor.

My reaction: I'm done. So done. My doneness level is all the way up here (above my head), when it should be here (just below/at my forehead). By the way, I saw the pictures of your house on your listing, it looks really nice. Babble about neighbors.

I was looking at the house listing last night (I didn't even know my teacher lived there) and flipped through the pictures of the interior... It looks really nice. I was all like, "Dang, I'd buy the house if I had the money." [Me who wants a studio apartment and on the fence about owning a house at all one day]

Yeah, life is strange... Or maybe it's just me. Probably just me. Anywho, Sanders out.

No comments:

Post a Comment