Saturday, October 10, 2015

Tag: The Opposite Books

Hey there! The Opposite Books Tag was created by minhaestante on YouTube.

The first book in your collection and the last book you bought

I don't remember the first book in my collection. It was most likely a book about horses, dogs, or some kind of picture book. The last book I bought though... It was either a thick volume of F. Scott Fitzgerald, Game of Thrones, or some kind of photography book. Yeah, I really don't know.

A cheap book and an expensive book

The most expensive book I've bought with my own money is a $50 photography book about posing. It was so worth it. I consult that book often and I love it. The cheapest book I've gotten was Barnes and Noble's volume of F. Scott Fitzgerald for $7.18.

A book with a male protagonist and one with a female protagonist

Male protagonist... Hmm... Black Beauty. It's one of my favorites and is about so much more than just a horse. If you've never read it or have read it before and didn't think much of it, I recommend giving it a closer look, you might be surprised. Female protagonist... That's actually hard because nine times out of ten I find female protagonists annoying. OH! The Book Thief! It's another favorite and currently on my list of books to reread.

A book you read fast and one that took you long to read

Within a day of downloading it, I read The Warrior by Ty Patterson. Sooo good, needs some more editing, but still reallly good. Game of Thrones... I'm still reading it and I got it like three or four months ago! It's really good though.

A book with a pretty cover and one with an ugly one


I love the original Twilight series covers. They represent something within the book and are just so simple and clean. I haven't really come across any cover that I think is ugly.

A national book and an international book

I guess for national book, I'm going to go with a classic. The Great Gatsby. I liked it a lot once I got into it and loved the symbolism and how Fitzgerald conveyed American society in the 20's. For an international book I'm going to go back to The Book Thief because I really liked how it was set in Nazi Germany and how it drove the plot.

A thin book and a thick book

Thick book... Hmm... My photography books. They're think and full of info and techniques for me to learn. I love them. A thin book... Well, there's my copy of The Tempest. That book is thin. pretty sure it's not even half an inch think.

A fiction book and a non-fiction book

Non fiction book... My favorite non-fiction book is on I don't own but wish I did. It's called The Horse: A Miscellany of Equine Knowledge and it's got a little bit of everything in it. From horse care info to trivia about movies and media with horses, it's one of my favorites. For fiction I'm going to go with Pivot. It's told from the perspective of a killer trained as a child. It's awesome and different. Though in some parts it really isn't for the light hearted. If you can't get through some of the most gruesome twisted episodes of Criminal Minds then I don't suggest reading it.

A romantic book and an action book

Ok so for an action book I'm going to say Days Gone Bad. It's about a necromancer and it was awesome! I loved it! Now for romance.

I admit it. I love sappy romance. I love the courtship, the problem that nearly tears the couple apart, the resolution and the fluff after. Romance is great to unwind to. Whether it's a romance novel or a piece of fan fiction I love romance! My favorite romance novel is When Lightning Strikes by Brenda Novak.


Simon O'Neal's causing trouble again. And it's up to Gail DeMarco to stop him. 
Gail DeMarco left Whiskey Creek, California, to make a name for herself in Los Angeles. Her PR firm has accumulated a roster of A-list clients, including the biggest box office hit of all—sexy and unpredictable Simon O'Neal. But Simon, who's just been through a turbulent divorce, is so busy self-destructing he won't listen to anything she says. She drops him from her list—and he retaliates by taking the rest of her clients with him. 
Desperate to save her company, Gail has to humble herself by making a deal with Simon. The one thing he wants is custody of his son, but that's going to require a whole new image. He needs to marry some squeaky-clean girl who'll drag him off to some small, obscure place like Whiskey Creek…. 
Gail's the only one he can trust. She agrees to become his wife—reluctantly. But she isn't reluctant because he's too hard to like. It's because he's too hard not to love!
I love that book and I've read it twice withing a three month period and thinking about reading it a third time. That's the most I've ever read a book actually. I think I need a physical copy now. I've got it on my iPad but I think I want something that will last longer.

A book that made you happy and one that made you sad

Book that made me sad, Each Little Bird That Sings, it's the only book I ever cried over, that ending. A book that made me happy would have to be... When Lightning Strikes or any other sappy romance that I love. 

So what about you? What books would you choose? 

No comments:

Post a Comment