Monday, October 19, 2015

Nothing Good Happens After 2 AM

Or so they say... It's not 2 AM now though. It's Monday. I'm still working on this essay for lit. I have the required 500 words but I'm still working on it to round it out. I have a few more points to make that my argument is sold. Anyway, I have some random song from Love Never Dies stuck in my head. Gustave singing, "Mother please I'm scared/ Something something something something/ Someone strange and mad, taking me and something me." Yeah I can't remember all the lyrics but that's what I've got in my head (Is there music in you head/ Have you followed where it lead/ And been graced with a taste of the beauty underneath). Still, this wasn't going to be post filled with Love Never Dies references. Strange really, I've been making Star Trek references all weekend. In fact, I've been sounding like a Star Fleet officer in my head lately. I'm not sure if I sound like one now, but if I do I find that unsurprising. If anything, I tend to hear Data in my head as I think my thoughts, if that makes any sense. Sometimes it's Picard, sometimes it's Kirk or Riker. But it's usually Data, maybe even LaForge at some moments... Anywho, I've developed a deep fascination with the USS Enterprise's... string for lack of a better term. I love the USS Enterprise-D in ST: TNG. But I also like the USS Enterprise that Kirk captained in ST: TOS. I've been watching The Original Series lately. I've retracted my earlier judgment on Captain James T. Kirk and I can now say that I like him. I "grew up" watching ST: TNG and I'm used to Picard's way of doing things but Kirk has a different quality to him. However, to compare the two would be like comparing a Philly to a Hoagie, both sandwiches yet very different. Anyway... It's now almost 1 AM and I still have to finish this paper. My hair is out of my way and I'm getting back to work. Sanders out.

No comments:

Post a Comment