Monday, September 14, 2015

About A Year Ago (pt. 1)

About a year ago, I went to my first anime convention. I went to Anime Weekend Atlanta. I went for two reasons, to go TO an anime convention and, this is pretty much the main reason, to meet J Michael Tatum, my favorite voice actor. Yes, I did other things besides meet Tatum, I went down artists alley and walked up and down the aisles for vendors. It was fun. I got a piece of art and a thermos. This story is a long one, mostly because I want to tell every detail and that starts from that morning up until the end of the day and into the night... And then some of the next school day. So... Part 1 of AWA.

Anyway, my day started off with me standing in line for hours and texting my best friend about standing in line.

9/27/2014, 1:11 AM
Holy crap! In about 8 hours I'll be at AWA!!!

9/27/2014, 7:51 AM
Poke... Morning!!! On my way to AWA!!!!!! J Michael Tatum!!!!!

9/27/2014, 9:01 AM
I'm her standing in the line!!!! Trying to remember to breath!

9/27/2014, 9:14 AM
I've already seen an amazing Sebastian and a Prussia. I've died and gone to heaven.

9/27/2014, 9:22 AM
I'm not even through the line yet... Arg! Panel starts at 9:45... Trying to think positively.

9/27/2014, 9:28 AM
(After my friend mentions Tatum) I JUST STARTED BREATHING NORMALLY!!! Trying to NOT think about my fav VA!

9/27/2014, 9:31 AM
(She asks how that's working for me) Alright... Focusing on other things that aren't here. And the fact that the line is moving relatively quickly.

Finally, I got in just as the panel was starting. Tatum did his usual greeting, did the most requested lines and laid down the ground rules, then the shenanigans that only happen at a Tatum panel began. (You can find that panel on YouTube. AWA 2014 J Michael Tatum panel)

9/27/2014, 10:49 AM
Just got out of the panel... BEST THING EVER!!!

9/27/2014, 12:05 PM
(She askes me how it was and if it was awesome.) IT WAS J BLOODY MICHAEL TATUM OF COURSE IT WAS AWESOME... AWESOMER THAN PRUSSIA!!!

9/27/2014, 12:12 PM
I've even worked myself into an Italy voice. And its hard to come down from it. And autograph lines are brutal.., I want to get something but things are either over my budget or I can't decide.

9/27/2014, 12:17 PM
Well, more like I'm circling because they keep having to back people up and stop from prematurely forming lines.

9/27/2014, 12:35 PM
I'm in the line... Great spot... Found nice people to stand and talk to.

This story will continue in the next post... Up Next: I meet J Michael Tatum.

No comments:

Post a Comment