Thursday, September 24, 2015

Today In My Head

Ok... I had some pretty interesting (maybe strange) things in my head today as I did my eClass work. Where to start... How about...

Men's fragrance
I'm not much of a fan of women's perfume fragrance whatever you want to call that little bottle of death. Sure, I love apple scented things, just apple not apple cinnamon, just apple. I also tolerate flower scents to a degree. Anything with coconut can go back to where it came from. But the one thing that never fails to draw every molecule every fiber of my being to it, is a decent men's fragrance. Right now, I literally have a sample of Paco Rabanne Invictus in front of me from the Dillard's Scents for Men flyer. While it isn't something enough to draw me in like things tend to in a store, it's something enough to get me to sit here sniffing it as I type and leave me wanting more. Now, I don't know if that's the point of men's fragrance, it most likely is, but I'm a fairly scent oriented person so I could be here for awhile sniffing this paper. (Note: I just ran around the house for about five minutes looking for inserts in magazines for Men's scents... I found Jimmy Choo Man but I already have it in front of my laptop with the other). In addition to Invictus, I have a sample of Jimmy Choo Man, and it's alright. Not something that would stop me in my tracks if it was a department store. I'm looking at the back of the Dillard's thing and I see an ad for Armani's new fragrance... Kinda want to go to Dillard's now and smell it. Back to Invicus and Choo Man, for the moment, Invictus is what's occupying my attention. I put the two scents together and while it was interesting for like two seconds I got bored of it so I went back to just Invicus. Which is weird, you would think it would be more interesting if there were two together but no. I sniffed the sample of Jimmy Choo Illicit for women and I don't like it. It can go curl up in a hole with the coconut scents. I might as well go a little deeper into my scent orientation. I figured out I was drawn in by smells around my sophomore year. I had my first serious boyfriend then, I had had a boyfriend before and while it was slightly serious it wasn't like serious. Anyway, he wore some kind of scent and I still remember the scent, a little, I can't name it and I wish I could but I do remember it. (My favorite teacher wears something similar, I think). At one point, I remember texting my best friend that I was sitting on my bed sniffing my shirt because it had his scent on it. I liked the scent okay! So that's most likely where it started, and I haven't gone back. I've gotten better at figuring out which fruit to get and what's fresh. Fresh pineapples have the best fresh fruit scent. The down side is that I notice if my teachers are wearing anything if they are right next to me. If it's something I like, I have to root myself to not get closer to catch another whiff. I know I'm weird, but whatever, I'm me and stranger things have happened.

Follow up note: I just found a sample of the Armani scent and it's amazing. It's a stop me in my tracks and let me smell you for the next hour scent. I love it! If I could afford it, I'd by a bottle. Well, I probably can afford it, though something tells me that my parents wouldn't like it if I spent $62 on a bottle of men's fragrance.

Anything You Can Do I Can Do Better
I can do anything better than you. No you can't. Yes I can. No you can't. Yes I can. No you can't. Yes I can. Yes I can.

Annie Get Your Gun, I want to see it now. I've heard the song before, and it's now one of my favorite songs. My obsession with this song started when I read a fanfic for Hollywood U (it's a mobile game). I was searching for a Hunt/MC pairing and I came across this fic and as luck would have it, that song was what the whole thing was centered around. So yeah, it's my new obsession. Love the song, it's great,

Reminiscing About An Ex
Not much to say except that it's annoying. I see his stupid face lit up on my gmail chat thing and I think back to when we were together and how nice it was before issue A and then issue B happened. He's got a new profile pic and he looks good, like college student good so I don't know. It's not fun to reminisce about this particular ex. But one day I won't think back to him as often and hopefully it won't be such a pain, or as painful as it is now.

Evita
I love this broadway show. It's by Andrew Lloyd Webber and it's amazing!!! I love it! I saw it on broadway and the soundtrack is phenomenal. I love Evita. I've listened to it all the way through like twice in three days. Come to think of it... I've listened to a couple of Webber's shows all the way through within the last few days... Evita, Phantom of the Opera, Love Never Dies... Yup, all Andrew Lloyd Webber.

Love Never Dies
YESSSS!!!! It's finally happening! Love Never Dies, the sequel to Phantom of the Opera is FINALLY going on tour in the US!!! It's on tour right now in... Havana or something with an H. Anyway, I've been waiting for a looong time for this to happen. I saw the movie version, the recording of the Australian version, of Love Never Dies and loved it! The music... Oh the music!!! It's amazing!!! Sooo excited!!! The only thing is... Webber has said he might change the ending... I hope he doesn't because the ending, though heart wrenching, is fine the way it is.

That's all for now. Might have something to say tomorrow. Or not. Not sure really... So for now, Sanders out.

No comments:

Post a Comment